Thursday, May 15, 2008

My name is Sasha

Hello World! My name is Sasha. I am a real doll. Do you remember the story about the Velveteen Rabbit and how it was loved so much that it became real? Well, I was loved so big that I became real too. I arrived in my family on Christmas Day in 1969. My Mama's name is Tara, but we Sasha dolls call her MamaT (T for Tara, you know). She was only 4 ½ years old at the time. She's a little older than that now, (I won't tell you how much), but you can probably do the math. She still loves me though, and that keeps me real.

I have been thinking about blogging for sometime now. People have a hard time guessing what we're thinking, but we dolls, since we don't sleep much, we have a lot of time to think. Unless we're put in storage and then we go into something akin to hibernation. Anyhow, I got left here by the computer, and while no one else is around, I thought I'd try out this blogging thing that everyone is talking about these days. I hesitated about this, because I come from a relatively small Sasha family as far as Sasha families go (there's only 6 of us right now), so we don't have lots of pictures of all the different kinds of Sasha's there are, but there are a lot of lovely Sasha Mama's out there, and some have really cool web sites, so I can insert links, so you can see more pictures and learn more about Sasha's than I can tell you.

So my plan here is to share various tidbits of information about Sasha dolls in general, a little about my own life story and that of my family which I'll introduce later, some nostalgia about growing up in the '60s and '70s, and maybe some occasional contemporary comments. I'm sure this will evolve as we go along, but I've got several thoughts to write about already brewing in my head. You know, if you ever met me, you would think I was the quiet type, and I am, especially around people I don't know well, but I like to write, so if you put a pen or a keyboard under my hand, you'll have a hard time shutting me up. Thus the danger of leaving me alone next to the computer. HaHa! UhOh, I think I hear MamaT coming in the door upstairs, so I gotta wrap this up. Do feel free to comment on any of my blog entries if you feel like it. Who knows where this blog journey might lead us?

1 comment:

free_to_dream said...

Dear Sasha,

I am a real doll too, but not a Sasha. I do have a Sasha baby brother. If you would like to talk to other dolls, you should join groups.yahoo.com/group/companiontalk .

Anne